Saturday 23 April 2011

Life will always go on, but with different people.

I couldn't sleep.
And yes, it is because of my all-messed-up biological clock.

( ⊙o⊙ )

So, I read a few blog posts, which are mostly in sad reminiscence of good old days with their friends, as the owner of those blogs are graduating soon. And I am intrigued.

There is a saying which I came across years ago on a poster in St. E. , and until now I still clearly remember it. Accompanied by the picture of different set of footprints on a beach, the wording sounds like this:
Friends come and go, but what matters most is how deep are their footprints left in our lives.
Yeah, I know, it is deadly cliche. But come to think of it. It carries a certain degree of truth.

In my opinion, it is only naive to wish that you can stay with the same people same friends same individuals throughout your lives. (husbands/wives excluded, ehehehehe)

In my own case, during my oh-so-sweet secondary school years, I have had a group of dear friends. When I was about to go to Maktab, we had this little farewell party and all of us hugged and cried and with tears rolling down our cheeks I said in sobs:
Nothing shall stop us from *sob* being close, and we must *sob* contact each other whenever we can. *sob*
Ah, how sweet. And how immature I was.

Little did I know that the truth of life by then, and gosh was I devastated when they slowly fade out of my life.

Our telephone conversation becomes awkward, and I had to strain and think of everyday topics in order to break the silence between me and my friends.

It is at this moment when that saying about the footprints stuff dawned upon me.

It is the law of nature that people who no longer share common lifestyle are unable to share close relationships.

And therefore I should not be sad, but instead, I should be thankful for all the wonderful impacts that my friends have on me.

It is them, who make me who I am today. Every laughter and tears we share, every joke and fight we have, every hug and smile we give, mould me into the person that I am now.

And isn't that enough already?

Life will always go on, but with different people.

However, it does not mean that we forego all the memories with the friends we have before, but instead, to remember how they have influenced us, in however various ways.


And, finally,
I am sleepy now.
6 a.m. urgh. what a life!

6 comments:

  1. i really like tis post.
    it sum how related to my 不再在乎^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. *goes to a corner and cry*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ thomas: yeah, there is a connection. 心灵相通eh? hahahaha

    @ szenin: why cry why cry? dun cry dun cry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life will always go on, but with different people.Damn,so true. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate to say this but this will happen eventually always but what is important is that they help in knowing ourselves. *hugs* btw, I'll always miss you especially ur laughters:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ GLHT: Glad that u agree with me. hehe @w@
    @ Sarah: yeah, i will miss you too *hugz* but hey, kuching is just a flight away! :D

    ReplyDelete